There are to many reasons why you should NOT Drink, Smoke or do Drugs.
Here are some...
- It is difficult to develop confidence if you rely on alcohol for courage.
- Accidents are the most common cause of death. Alcohol markedly increases the risk of fatal or disabling accidents.
- Every year thousands of people die from alcohol poisoning, choking on vomit, drowning, fighting, falling off roofs, fires and other alcohol-related causes.
- People who are intoxicated on alcohol are more likely to use other drugs offered to them, including pills containing unknown, and sometimes lethal, substances.
- Many people are at risk of having consensual (more or less) sex that they would not choose to have if they were not intoxicated. It's less likely to protect themselves from pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases than non-intoxicated people.
- Suicide among people with depression, anxiety and other psychiatric problems is more common when they are drinking.
- Smoking leads to emphysema, chronic bronchitis, and asthma. Smoke leaves black tar on the lungs, which inhibits breathing.
- Smoke not only harms your lungs and heart, it also harms your brain.
- Smoking is dangerous for nonsmokers who breath the smoke from smokers' cigarettes.
- Smoking during pregnancy can harm the developing baby, it can cause conditions such as low birth weight and premature birth. As the child grows older it may develop problems such as the ability to process what they are hearing and ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder).
- It could also cause infertility in woman and impotence in men.
- Drug use can cause you to lose your ability to remember things, to think clearly and to study properly. Drug use gives you the impression that you are more alert and aware, but under the influence of drugs you are actually less aware, and less alert.
- Drug use can also cause people to act in strange unpredictable ways. A person can undergo a complete personality change when under the influence of drugs. Since drug residues can remain in the body for many years after they were taken, the effect on the mind can last a long time
- Drug use can make you ill and an overdose can kill. Drugs are poisons after all. The list of diseases you can catch as a result of using drugs is very long and includes Hepatitis C, HIV and AIDS. Since drugs also use up your body's supply of vitamins and minerals, you become more prone to diseases. Many drug users suffer from malnutrition as a result of their habit.
- Drug use can turn into a living nightmare that includes accidents, hospitalisation, a life of crime, a criminal record, hurting those you love, destroyed relationships, a prison sentence and death. Drug users often lose their enthusiasm for life, give up sports and hobbies etc.
- Many drugs are grown in Third World countries. The drug barons involved cut down forests for space to grow the drugs, thus destroying the natural habitat for thousands of creatures and upsetting the ecological balance. Buying and taking drugs encourages more natural forest to be destroyed.
- The damage that drug use can do to one's physical appearance is very obvious.
So why don't we all say NO to the bad stuff and YES to the good stuffs...
like Water, Lemonade or Juice unsted of Alcohol
maybe an Apple, Carrot or a Banana unsted of Ciggarets
or why not some Popcorn , Nuts or Potato Chips unsted of Drugs :)